UI / UX Designer
Technology – Product
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
Our UI/UX Designer will apply their natural visual and design talent to solve complex interaction design challenges. This talented core team member will spend their days sketching, designing, prototyping and detailing glorious user experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
What you'll do
- You’re a UX/UI hybrid: You’re a hands-on, gifted visual designer who loves the clarity and cleanliness that comes from exceptional UX.
- You love Interaction design and have been designing online apps and sites for years.
- You love to own big projects and aspire to share your knowledge and experience with larger teams as you grow in your role.
- You love UI design patterns, know them well and have contributed to pattern libraries yourself.
- You finish the work… dot those “I”s and cross those “T”s.
- You communicate often and don’t get defensive when asked to elucidate your design choices.
- You are guided by experience and intuition but still make design choices and understand the reasoning behind them.
- You are self-directed, self-motivated and thrive on collaborative independence where coming together to brainstorm feeds your focused work while detailing your design.
- You love to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions.
- You are skilled in the leading design tools including those for rapid prototyping like Axure, XD and others.
- You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse. You like Atomic Design, Sketch, and Zeplin.
- You understand coding and, while you may not code yourself, you know how to produce designs that can be built within frameworks, using patterns that focus energy on what matters and differentiates.
- You embrace mobile first and then work on the designs for folks still using desktops to get work done.
What you'll need
- UI/Visual Design (color, line, type, shape, image, composition).
- UX/Interaction Design (personas, flows, story maps).
- Strong knowledge of user experience/user-centered design processes and methodology.
- A passion for creating products and services that resonate emotionally with people.
- 5+ years designing products end-to-end.
- Experience designing B2B application and/or familiarity with common B2B business processes.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with visualizing, sketching, designing and prototyping user interfaces.
- Updated on the latest techniques/trends/thinking within your field and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.