Regional Manager, Rheinland
Operations – City Operations - Germany /
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
Dott is looking for an Operations manager to build the operational footprint for Dott in the region of Rheinland, Germany. Rheinland is one of the biggest mobility markets in Europe with potential to rival Paris, or London, so a person with significant experience and business accumen is required for the role. The Regional Manager will be responsible for the success in the market, developing a local team and making strategic decisions. You will report to the Country General Manager and will work with City Marketing Managers and with central teams. In the first months on the job frequent presence will be required in our Warehouse located in Bergish Gladbach as well as well as our present and future markets (Cologne, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Bonn, Essen). Over time when business and team mature work location becomes more flexible.
What you'll do
- Write the playbook on standard operation procedures in your city;
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of managers and ground staff (mechanics, patrollers and drivers)
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat;
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city;
- Take full ownership of your markets P&L;
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise the time scooters are available to users / number of trips.
- Represent the company at local and regional events and communicate with relevant stakeholders;
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets.
What you'll need
- 6+ years of experience in retail, fast-food, logistics, operations management.
- Fluent German speaker.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Show that you can be the true owner of P&L of your markets
- Organised - Excellent organisational and administrative skills and ability to manage expectations.
- Strengths in analysing data, exposing insights, and developing cohesive conclusions
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground and find out what improvements can be implemented at scale.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.