Finance – Finance /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
We are looking for a result-oriented qualified Financial Controller, who will report to the CFO of this rapidly growing, very successful and entrepreneurial international mobility company. The Financial controller must be a qualified accountant with in-depth technical accounting knowledge, strong financial control skills and an aptitude for extracting maximum efficiencies from financial systems
What You'll Do
- Own the day-to-day financial control, accounting and reporting of this multi-territory business
- Manage the financial operations team
- Identify and implement controls, processes and systems improvements
- Drive greater understanding and clarity of financial results
- Provide technical accounting support on new territory launches
- Assist with any future transactions
- Lead the tax and regulatory reporting requirements of local entities with the support of external advisors
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient global accounting and finance function
- Lead the annual audit process ensuring a timely and effective audit
What You'll Need
- 7+ years’ post qualified experience between corporate finance functions or top 4 accounting firms
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent)
- Strong accounting knowledge, with proven experience within IFRS
- Experience in growing and managing teams
- Relevant experience with design and implementation of processes and controls
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to unravel complex accounting queries
- Positive attitude: 'can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial records for external stakeholders
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, action oriented, hands on;
- Experience in accounting software migration
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.