Finance – Finance
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Milan & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for a Financial Associate for our Finance team. You will be working with the Finance Manager to make sure that our financial results are accurate and with the Head of Finance to analyse KPI dashboards and monitor these results. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance directly and will work hand-in-hand with the Finance Manager, and closely with other teams within the company such as central and local Operations, Data science, Supply chain and Marketing teams.
What you'll do
- Support the Finance Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the finance department, including audits
- Work in partnership with the Head of Finance to monitor the performance of the business, such as developing and analyzing KPI dashboards, reviewing budgets, conducting analysis and monitor synergies
- Analyse all accounting records and ensure financial data is reliable and gives a true and fair view of the financial position
- Maintain a documented system of accounting and analysis policies and procedures
- Assist in preparing the business cases for investments or expansion decisions
- Point of contact for the regional country teams
What you'll need
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, other European languages are a plus
- Approximately 2-5 years experience in business control or operational finance, preferably in high growth and/or multi-national companies
- Strong understanding of IFRS reporting is a plus, as well as experience with Exact Online
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, action oriented, hands on mentality
- Being based in Amsterdam or readiness to relocate
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
What we offer
A competitive employee stock option plan in addition to your salary.
A collaborative, energetic, and international team from 27+ different nationalities.
Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.