Operations & Fleet Management Specialist, Italy
Operations – City Operations - Italy
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Operations Specialist to develop operations team for dott in Milan. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. The Operations Specialist will report to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate the whole logistic team.
What you’ll do:
- Build your own on-street team from scratch by recruiting, training and motivating team members.
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of patrollers (in charge of scooters use optimisation inside the city) and/or drivers.
- Organise scheduling, attendance, and general administration of your operations team.
- Maximise efficiency of fleet management & logistics by ensuring deployment, pickup and costs of dott scooters are optimised.
- Organise and manage the flow of the workplace and optimise day-to-day activities in the warehouse.
- Overseeing operations in the warehouse from facilities and vehicle upkeep to workplace safety.
- Maintain accurate communication with external stakeholders and carry out final decision making processes.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years years of experience in retail, logistics, transportation, operations management or consulting.
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
- Be able to justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshals and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills a big plus.
- Fluent Italian & English speaker.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.