Legal – Legal
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
As our legal counsel, you will be supporting and advising the company on all legal aspects and constantly improve processes related to the business. You will report directly to our Head of Legal, and will be located in the Amsterdam headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- You draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts related to business operations;
- You support and advise employees on laws and regulations which impact Dott’s business;
- Manage and coordinate administrative tasks;
- Support on-going GDPR compliance;
- Managing external counsel;
- Proactively support the business with employment law related matters
What you'll need:
- Qualified as an attorney in a European jurisdiction with at least 2 years post qualification experience gained either in private practice or in-house;
- Basic understanding of: consumer laws, privacy (including GDPR), litigation and employment law;
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- Able to conduct research and draft opinions;
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other European language;
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced environment;
- Excellent business judgement, interpretation and communication skills.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.