Legal – Legal
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
As our legal counsel, you will be the go-to-person regarding legal and compliance related topics across all countries dott operates in. You support and advise the company on all legal aspects and constantly improve processes related to the business. You will report directly to our co-founders, and will be located in the Amsterdam headquarters.
What you'll do:
- You manage a wide variety of commercial transactions related to business operations including: Finance, People Operations, Marketing, Product, Technology, Intellectual Property;
- You also lead all shareholder legal matters (fundraising, Board, etc.)You support and advise management and employees on legal topics and jurisdictions depending on the business needs (labour law, privacy, commercial local law compliance);
- Work closely with policy and tax stakeholders on government relations and compliance efforts;
- Develop scalable solutions and manage pre-litigation threats on variety of issues internationally;
- Provide strategic and tactical direction of disputes and litigation matters;
- Present creative yet effective legal solutions for business and commercial development deals;
- Monitor regulatory developments on a range of jurisdictions related to the business and review proposed policies on legal matters;
- Continuously improve, negotiate and approve legal documentation and/or dott documents;
- Proactively flag possible legal and compliance risks;
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 8+ years relevant experience working in the EU
- Experience working in an multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural environment
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Experience in commercial contract law
- The go-to person for knowledge on the following jurisdictions outlined, plus other topics: Commercial contracts, Labour laws, Shareholder matters and fundraising related processes, Regulatory/Government relations matters, Liability matters
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
- Demonstrate confident negotiation skills and ability to influence others
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.