Hardware – Scooter
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Milan & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for an HQ-based mechanical engineer that will design, source and implement best mechanical & structural solutions for our e-bikes and e-scooters. Your goals will be to outperform the market, in particular maximizing vehicle’s durability, cost of operations, user experience and autonomy. will be some of the key goals.
What you'll do
- Source best suppliers - worldwide - for our escooter and ebike needs (frame, brakes, chain, metal & plastic elements);
- Find best solutions for our vehicles to increase vehicle’s durability, user experience and aesthetics according to brand identity & design inputs;
- Create & validate specifications and implement best solutions for all mechanical and structural parts of our new vehicle designs, for example: frame, brakes, chain, all plastic & metal elements;
- Negotiate terms with suppliers;
- Work with suppliers on bringing electrical designs into production and on improving manufacturing practices;
- Manage development of all moulds, for example: die-cast, injection, extrusion;
- Drive innovation in the sharing sector through early, robust adoption of new technologies/designs;
- Showcasing extracurricular projects or hobbies (e.g. engineering student teams, vehicle projects, robotics, hackathons, etc.);
What you'll need
- 5-10 years of experience in mechanical engineering;
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, move fast, learn and correct;
- Experience in mobility (ebikes, e-cars, e-vespas, etc) a plus;
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills;
- Proficient in english (Mandarin is a plus);
- Have the right to work in the EU.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
What we offer
A competitive employee stock option plan in addition to your salary.
A collaborative, energetic, and international team from 27+ different nationalities.
Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.