Project Manager, Embedded
Hardware – Bike + Scooter /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
We are looking for a new Embedded Project Manager to join Dott. In this role you will be managing various IoT and E.E. projects from concept through production. You will be working together with internal and external partners to bring the best in class, green and maintainable vehicles to our customers. Key for Dott is operating sustainable, long lasting and repairable forms of transportation, as part of the embedded team you will be responsible for building the hardware and software to accommodate this. The Project Manager will be based in Amsterdam and report to the Lead Project Manager in the hardware team.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the internal hardware team, (remote) partners, operations teams and backend teams to understand and improve all projects for IoT and embedded systems.
- Provide structure and focus for the team to drive for success.
- Plan cross team sessions where necessary together with the Tech Lead to align in early stages of product implementation.
- Manage timelines and push to meet delivery dates as promised to the business.
- Manage emergency / hotfix implementations.
- Manage ad-hoc changes in a dynamic Engineering environment.
What you need
- Minimum 3 years project management experience working in a similar role.
- Good understanding of embedded system development - both from a hardware and software perspective.
- Challenges will have to bring you energy to drive the development projects in our dynamic environment.
- An unstoppable curiosity and passion for researching new technology and opportunities for our future fleet.
- A creative mindset, strong problem solving skills, and an eye for detail.
- A proactive, energetic personality with the ability to prioritise & multi-task autonomously.
- Strong time management, communication & documentation skills.
- Collaborative, team-mindset.
- Technical writing and fluency in English.
- Familiarity with project management tools like JIRA and Gantt
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.