Business Strategy Manager
Strategy & Pricing – Strategy & Pricing /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
As a Business Strategy Manager you will be a key part of our Strategy & Pricing team. Your work will shape Dott’s strategy from market expansion to performance management to long-term hardware choices. We are looking for a data-driven leader with a strong bias for action and a holistic understanding of business. You are comfortable with a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and have a track record of delivering on strategic projects.
You will work directly with our key leadership team, including CEO, CFO, CPO, Head of Operations, Head of Corporate Strategy and country’s General Managers. You will report directly to the Head of Strategy & Pricing and will be based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
What you’ll do
- Identify research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for complex business strategy projects;
- Drive strategic regional and global projects across multiple teams, stakeholders and geographies;
- Identify & evaluate growth opportunities;
- Facilitate optimal investments allocation across our markets of operations;
- Ensure the right KPIs are in place and aligned with company strategy;
- Facilitate decision-making for senior management.
Among other projects you will work on:
- Market modelling - Which markets have a highest revenue potential? Which ones have better seasonality? Will there be a window of opportunity for market entry due to a changing regulatory environment?
- Competitive research - How do we compare to our competitors? Is our hardware giving us a competitive advantage? Whose monetisation model is more appealing for riders and profitable for business? Who has a better market portfolio?
- Sales & Operations planning - How much revenue are we going to generate in our core and expansion markets? How our costs would drive Unit Economics development?
- Scenario planning - What our hardware portfolio should look like market by market? Should we invest in eBikes or eScooters?
- Management of the OKR system - How to align all teams to reach Dott’s strategic objectives?
What you'll need
- 5+ years experience in Strategy or S&OP in high-growth companies or top-tier strategy consulting firms;
- Showcase a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to get your hands dirty;
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking, with a demonstrated ability to synthesize multiple sources of information (quantitative and qualitative) to solve complex problems in a structured, data-driven way
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously;
- Excellent organisation skills: ability to manage expectations and plan efficiently and effectively;
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint) and influencing skills
- Demonstrate proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment;
- Fluent English required with additional European languages as a plus;
- Based in Amsterdam or willing to relocate, willing to travel (up to 20% of the time);
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.