Hardware – Quality
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We are looking for our quality manager to join Dott, and play a vital role establishing the highest quality standards in our industry. The quality manager will create and lead the quality function across all our product line. The quality manager will be based in Amsterdam and report to the head of Hardware and Supply Chain.
What you'll do
- Set-up, own and execute the “quality” function for Dott across all our product lines (eScooters, eBikes …)
- Independently execute and lead all projects focused on supplier quality, TQM & customer quality;
- Recruit, manage and lead quality management team (across Europe and Asia)
- Work hand in hand with the hardware team & operational teams in each performing market to identify strategic improvement opportunities;
- Develop, implement and manage Quality auditing of suppliers; setting the foundation for development activities and ongoing performance monitoring.
- Implement and manage Supplier Quality Agreements (control plans, Supplier Quality Manual…)
- Lead all product approval activities (PPAP) and implement advanced SQ planning methodology such as APQP, PFMEA etc.
- Manage claims via 8D process and manage supplier process to drive down warranty costs.
- Take ownership of company-wide pro
- Progressively implement Lean, Six Sigma, 5S, ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 across the organisation (focusing on H&S in the short term)
- 8D monitoring & system creation/management
- Drive continuous improvement, compliance & homologation
- Develop and implement risk management methodology within the organisation, with a focus on Hardware
- Capture & analyze failure rates by type across markets
- Drive product and process improvement initiatives, take ownership of problem resolution
- Define and monitor repair processes, implement rework and inspection as needed
What you'll need
- Minimum 8 years experience in quality management;
- Automotive industry and start-up experience is a plus;
- A Qualification in Engineering or Quality Management;
- Organized - Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to manage expectations;
- Get your hands dirty; be able to lead a Quality function but also drive the groundwork unsupported;
- Great team player;
- Fluency in English
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.