Senior Backend Engineer, node.js
Technology – Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Developer with a strong engineering background and a great attention to detail. As part of a strong and diverse engineering team you will built on the latest backend to support business operations. You strive to create elegant architecture, clean testable code. You take the lead in discussion, challenge your pears and coach new joiners in getting up to speed.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with all consumers within the business Product, Mobile and Web
- Define and drive development efforts on Google Cloud Platform
- Ensure stability and scalability of our services
- Coach new joiners and pearsAssist in hiring top talent
- Assist in on-call duties
What you'll need:
- At least 5 years of full stack development experience out of which 2 years as a lead
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and familiarity with other OO languages
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- High execution mindset while balancing the risk vs costs
- Proven experience in delivering production ready applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Excellent English language and communication skills
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.