Full-stack Engineering Manager
Technology – Software Engineering /
Here at Dott, we believe in a future where our cities are free from cars and pollution. With our on-demand e-bikes and e-scooters, we want to help co-create liveable cities where space is given back to people. We dream of cities where it is easy to move from one place to another with less congestion and more socialisation. All work we do is to continue reaching for our mission, to free our cities with clean rides for everyone.
Though founded in Europe, our passionate, mission-driven people come from over 55 countries globally. With such representative employees working in over 9 countries, we can better meet our users' diverse needs. We collaborate with each other, transportation providers, and city officials to ensure what we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. Moreover, each employee is equally invested and accountable for making each decision socially and environmentally sustainable.
As Engineering Manager you will be leading our Web engineering team. The team currently consists of 1 frontend specialist and 1 full-stack engineer, and is responsible for building and maintaining our internal and external web applications for in-house operations and external partners (commercial partners, municipalities). These applications are used 24/7 in critical business processes and are vital in achieving our company mission.
What you’ll do
- Hands-on Software Engineering - build our applications in close collaboration with your team - currently 2 Senior engineers
- Build your team through coaching and hiring (1:1s, continuous feedback, performance reviews)
- Ensure engineering efficiency through good process
- Function as the primary partner for Product Management, design and other stakeholders
- Protect quality, balancing product development needs with operational requirements (security, quality), engineering efficiency and team capacity
- Work towards our Engineering vision by formulating your team’s technical strategy, setting goals and delivering on them
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering Managers to drive engineering department-wide improvements
What you’ll bring
- Passion for technology and Software Engineering
- Strong ability for (self-)reflection, critical thinking capabilities, observability mindset, data-driven approach
- Proficiency at systems design and software architecture
- Fluency in React and Typescript
- Experience with both backend and frontend development
What would be nice to have
- Experience in a leadership role (team lead/tech lead)
- Experience with React Native or Web Components
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf
What is our Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
We embrace change in our cities, our work, and ourselves. We empower each other to make a lasting impact. We spark meaningful connections by fostering a supportive community. We succeed by adapting the way we work. Unlock the Change
Benefits & Policies*:
🚀 Employee Stock/Equity plan
💰 A fair, mid-market salary package
🧑💻 Weekly All-hands meetings
🧘 Mental health support with Open-up
🫂 Employee Resource Groups
👶 Parental policies
🏡 Hybrid Work Policy (twice a week at the office)
🌎 Short-term Remote Work Policy
🏞️ Sabbatical Policy
🪑 Work from home budget
(* benefits will vary based on the country and position)
We continuously measure and improve our environmental and social impact. We’re not claiming we’ll save the world, but we’re relentlessly striving to do the right thing for people, cities, and the planet. We’re constantly putting the environment and our social impact at the heart of every business decision. For more information on our sustainability, check out our Sustainability Report & Manifesto (bit.ly/3KB9dwq).
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Statement
Dott is an equal-opportunity employer and aims to be intentional in our ED&I strategy. We operate throughout Europe in the hometowns of countless people, including our employees. To truly free OUR cities, we must have a workforce that not only understands the unique needs of our cities but also represents the diversity within them. To support all our employees to be their authentic selves, we have a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination and harassment in any regard.
At Dott, we respect fundamental privacy rights. We process your personal data per the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Read our Applicant Privacy Statement for a clear explanation of how we process your personal data. (https://ridedott.com/applicant-privacy-statement/)