Operations Manager, United Kingdom
Operations – City Operations
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial operations manager to build the operational footprint for dott in London, U.K. The Operations Manager will report to the Country General Manager and will work with City Marketing Managers and with Central Operations team.
What you'll do
- Write the playbook on standard operation procedures in your city.
- Test your thinking in real market conditions, measure results, refine your model and repeat.
- Work hand in hand with HQ in Amsterdam to translate your ideas into product changes, that'll allow you to better serve your city.
- Build a service that is liked by users and non-users alike. Be respectful and humble.
- Deep dive into operational details both in front of your computer and on the streets.
- Own maintenance and operations cost, as well as processes. Maximise the time scooters are available to users / number of trips.
What you'll need
- 4-6+ years of experience in logistics, operations management, investment banking or consulting. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
- Done is better than perfect. We need to move fast, but be mindful of our surroundings.
- The goal is to make our cities better, not worse!
- Data based decision making. Be able to justify your decisions to your team and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our marshals and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills required. SQL proficiency a big plus.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.