Sr.Backend Engineer, Node.js
Technology – Software Engineering /
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible. Our mission is to free our cities with clean rides for everyone in Europe and beyond.
Founded in Europe, Dott is comprised of a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to be a senior member of the Vehicle Embedded Integration team. You will work in a team with very skilled Embedded Engineers and be responsible for the backend components that relate to the backend integration of vehicle embedded systems. This involves the design, development, testing, roll-out, monitoring and maintenance of Google Cloud services that handle incoming and outgoing communications with the vehicles in Dott’s fleet. These services must be designed to leverage the capabilities of the vehicles, provide high fleet availability and to be scalable, robust & cost effective.
The team follows the Scrum methodology and consists of backend engineers, embedded engineers, tester(s), a project manager and an engineering manager.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating alongside Embedded Engineers taking full ownership of the technical side of our fleet management system within the cloud
- Work closely with all consumers within Dott: our Rider team working on end-user facing projects, our Ops team working on exciting in-house operation projects and our Data team crunching the data for the better
- Build and maintain our services responsible for communicating with thousands of vehicles
- Make sure that our vehicle services are scalable with the growth of our business and fleet
- Coach and learn from other engineers working on this challenging domain
- Take responsibility in on-call duties and work on extensive monitoring and alerting projects directly supporting the health of our business
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of full stack development experience out of which 2 years as a lead
- You have top-notch, hands-on development skills and always create clean, maintainable and reusable product-quality code;
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and TypeScript
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- High execution mindset while balancing the risk vs costs
- Proven experience in delivering production ready applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members is a plus
- Excellent English language and communication skills
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
What’s in it for me?
Alongside a competitive compensation plan, we invite our employees to participate in our stock option plan. You’ll be part of a collaborative, energetic and international team who enjoy the perks of flexible working hours, medical insurance contribution and fun company events.
Challenges: be prepared to be challenged. We operate a consumer service which millions of transactions every week, a set of operations services with deep machine learning and large fleet of vehicles with their own hardware and embedded software challenges. You'll get to see it all.
Closing & equal opportunities employer statement
Come as you are
Dott is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in diversity, ensure equality and encourage expression. We have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment, bias or discrimination towards applicants and employees.
Want to join us for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.