Commercial Legal Counsel
Legal – Legal
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded European micro-mobility start-up. We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
As our Commercial Legal Counsel, you will be the go-to-person regarding legal & commercial contracts related topics and across all countries dott operates in, and will work autonomously acting as a sparring partner to various departments and stakeholders on contract laws. The role will be located in our Amsterdam headquarters.
What you'll do
- Provide legal guidance of (sub)contract negotiations with third parties for projects in the implementation phase and assist in legal proceedings;
- Structure, draft, review, negotiate and advise on range of commercial agreements;
- Present creative yet effective legal solutions for business and commercial development deals;
- Assess tender documents;
- Ensure compliance with corporate contracting standards;
- Liaise with departments and offer legal support to Finance, People Operations, Marketing, Product etc.
- Proactively flag possible legal and compliance risks;
What you'll need
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant experience working in the EU
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Knowledge and expertise in commercial, partnership, purchasing contracts laws
- Proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.