Warehouse Operations Manager, London
Operations – City Operations - United Kingdom /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is, to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Last year we raised an initial investment of €50 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors. Having recently won the Paris tender, we are becoming one of the big players in Europe.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 13 cities across, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial warehouse manager to develop operations team for Dott in the U.k. This is an ideal role for early career professional interested in developing real world management skills. You will report directly to the Operations Manager and will build and coordinate the warehouse team.
What you'll do:
- Build your own operations team from scratch by recruiting, training and motivating team members.
- Be a true leader to a large and diverse team of field technicians, mechanics (for scooters reparation) and warehouse workers/handlers;
- Organise scheduling, attendance, and general administration of your operations team;
- Organise and manage the flow of the workplace and optimise day-to-day activities in the warehouse;
- Overseeing operations in the warehouse from facilities and vehicle upkeep to workplace safety;
- Have an overview of the inventory and logistics - work with supply chain to ensure that you have the parts and tools needed to support daily operations;
- Determine and track important warehouse KPI and employee performance;
- Maintain accurate communication with external stakeholders and carry out final decision making processes;
- Take full responsibility and ownership of projects and decisions that will impact the business.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience in warehouse management, retail, logistics, transportation or operations management.
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
- Be able to justify your decisions to your team through data and measure the results.
- Get your hands dirty. Work directly with your staff on the ground. Be a true leader for our warehouse team and mechanics.
- Strong analytical/Excel skills a big plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, learn from you experience and repeat.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (“Protected Characteristics”).