Senior Backend Engineer, Node.js
Technology – Software Engineering /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with a strong computer science background and a great attention to detail. As part of a newly created growth team you will have the ability to work on our platform, supporting all application and business operations, running on Google Cloud Platform. You strive to create elegant architecture, clean testable code and a well documented API. You take the lead in discussion, challenge your peers and coach new joiners in getting up to speed.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with all consumers within the business; Product, Mobile and Web
- Define and drive development efforts on Google Cloud Platform
- Ensure stability and scalability of our services
- Coach new joiners and peers
- Assist in hiring top talent
- Assist in on-call duties
What you'll need:
- At least 5 years of full stack development experience out of which 2 years as a lead
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and familiarity with other OO languages
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- High execution mindset while balancing the risk vs costs
- Proven experience in delivering production ready applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Excellent English language and communication skills
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.