Legal Counsel - Privacy
Legal – Legal /
We are a European micromobility startup on a mission to improve city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in 15 cities across France, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Poland. And soon in many more cities and different countries across Europe.
As our Legal Privacy Counsel, you will ensure Dott is compliant with all data protection laws and regulations across all countries Dott operates in. You will work autonomously acting as a sparring partner to various departments and report directly to the head of Legal. The role will be located in our Amsterdam headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Keeping up to date with all applicable laws and regulations relating to data protection (including GDPR);
- Providing ad hoc advice on all privacy matters to all business functions including product, engineering, data, HR and operations teams;
- Acting as Dott’s designated Data Protection Officer;
- Developing and maintaining Dott’s privacy policies and procedures;
- Proactively identifying and mitigating potential privacy related risks;
- Supporting Dott with all data protection related responses to tenders;
- Providing data protection training;
- Conducting Data Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Performing security and compliance assessments on third parties;
- Template creation and negotiation of contracts with third parties such as NDAs, data sharing agreements and data processing agreements;
- Maintaining Dott’s record of processing activities;
- Managing all communications with Supervisory Authorities.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 4+ years relevant working experience in data protection
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- CIPP/E or willingness to complete the certification
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Proactive attitude and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.