Finance – Finance /
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for a Junior Accountant for our Finance team. You will be working with the Finance Manager and Finance Associate to make sure that our financial results are accurate and delivered on time. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance and will work closely with other teams within the company such as central and local Operations, Data science, Supply chain and Marketing teams.
What you'll do
- Support the Finance team with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the finance department, including audits under IFRS standards;
- Booking invoices; making sure invoices are processed properly, including VAT and cost centres;
- Monitoring the bank accounts; including reconciliations, matching statements and making payments;
- Create A/R invoices and monitor A/P balances per supplier;
- Analyse all accounting records and ensure financial data is reliable and gives a true and fair view of the financial position.
What you'll need
- At least 1 years of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- Understanding of IFRS reporting is a plus, as well as experience with Exact Online
- Highly entrepreneurial spirit, action oriented, hands on mentality
- Being based in Amsterdam or readiness to relocate
What we offer
A competitive employee stock option plan in addition to your salary.A collaborative, energetic, and international team from 27+ different nationalities. Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.