Head of Product | Growth
Technology – Product
We’re on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability.
We are a newly founded startup micro-mobility European start-up, gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe. We initially raised 20m€ at our seed on November 2018, followed recently by our Series A in July 2019 with an additional investment of €30 million, co-led by EQT Ventures and Naspers. Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is gathering the most experienced team in mobility and tech in Europe.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Management Lead with a track record of creating highly engaging products and a great attention to detail. As part of a strong and diverse team, you’ll lead the Product and Engineering team to help deliver a flawless experience to our customers.
You will help us bring a strong Product team, validate your team’s ideas and nurture only the best. As part of a strong and diverse team, you’ll work on identifying, prioritizing and building experiments in our products to improve qualitative and quantitative metrics across the funnel for our Riders.
The products you will create will have a big impact on our company, it will drive efficiency and unit economics, enabling us to provide game changing experiences for end users. This is an excellent opportunity for a Product lead to build the foundation, set a strategy and execute with a highly motivated team.
What you'll do
- Talk to users ;).
- Define a product strategy and roadmap that increases the overall customer experience of the Rider Apps (Android & iOS), resulting in improved metrics and customer feedback.
- Be part of a team of top notch engineers and designers to ship high quality product that brings your vision to life.
- Turning your roadmap into a backlog for your team and prioritizing it based on the product strategy, quarterly goals, and customer insights.
- Setup and own the growth model for the Rider Apps that allows you to set goals, metrics and KPI’s to work towards.
- Run A/B tests to measure the effectiveness of improvements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align, iterate and execute upon your roadmap.
- Liaise with our local city operations and marketing teams to adapt the customer experience to local user needs, market development and regulations.
- Facilitate day-to-day activities of the team, e.g backlog refinements.
- Build up first hand experience in a high-paced ship-it environment that gets the stuff you work on in front of millions of users.
- Contribute to our overall product strategy.
What you'll need
- We’re looking for experienced Product Managers with a strong empathy for users. You’re passionate about creating a seamless experience by connecting the digital and physical world and know what it’s like to turn complex problems into elegant solutions that wow users.
- You’ve been at the intersection of UX, engineering and business before and understand the balance between the three.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of Product Management experience, preferably in early-stage or growth stage mobile startups.
- Background in consumer-facing, preferably in mobility & growth.
- Data driven: you know your way around data and use it to drive strategic decisions for the product you are working on. SQL competency is a plus.
- Technical skills: you understand technical challenges and limitations, know how to work with engineers and are able to inform them and evaluate their decisions.
- User first mindset - you’re the voice of the user and you’re passionate about constantly improving their experience.
- Roll up your sleeves, put your hand in the dirt -type of attitude.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. You will be empowered to make decisions and made accountable for the results.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. You'll be part of a diverse team, working together with people spread out over multiple cities.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A Multidisciplinary mindset. Our teams are adjusted to the needs and goals of both our users and the company. Expect not only to work closely with other developers and designers but also with marketers, support agents, etc.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation plan.
- An opportunity to participate in our employee stock option plan.
- A collaborative, energetic, and international team.
- Fun events, including site visits (Brussels, Paris, etc.) and team parties.
If you are excited to grow the Dott brand while also contributing to the culture of a collaborative and multidisciplinary design team, we’d love to meet you!