Hardware – Bike + Scooter
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
We’re looking for an HQ-based electrical engineer that will design, source and implement best electrical & electronics solutions for our e-bikes and e-scooters. Your goals will be to outperform the market, in particular maximising durability, user experience and autonomy.
- Know about all the latest tech developments in the industry (batteries, electrical motors, controllers, …)
- Source best suppliers - worldwide - for our escooter and ebike needs
- Find best solutions for our vehicles to reduce recharging operational costs, increase vehicle’s durability and user experience
- Validate specs and implement best solutions for all electrical parts of our new vehicle designs (cabling, battery, motor, controller, …)
- Negotiate terms with suppliers (prices, quality, supply, …)
- Create overall value for users and the business by building best hardware product on the market
- Drive technological advancement in all products.
- Experience in electrical engineering in mobility.
- Experience in the automotive industry, ebike or escooters is a plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Make decisions, move fast, learn and correct.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills, experience dealing with global suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in english, Mandarin is a plus.
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits. Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.