Central Marketing Senior Manager
Marketing & Communications – Central Marketing
We are a newly-founded micromobility startup on a mission to improve European city life. We believe in a future where inner cities will be free of cars and pollution. And we believe we can make that happen by offering our dockless, shared electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel. Our mission is to beautifully design micromobility for safety, comfort, and durability.
We recently raised an initial investment of €20 million and just released €30 million series A funding, co-led by existing investors EQT Ventures and Naspers, through its Naspers Ventures division, Axel Springer Digital Ventures, Felix Capital, FJ Labs, U-Start Club and angel investors.
Dott is headquartered in Amsterdam and is now operating in Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Turin, Munich & soon launching in other European cities.
The Central Marketing Senior Manager is responsible for formulating strategic marketing plans with the aim to drive a strong brand positioning and ensure a sustainable marketing growth to achieve company business goals. He or she is responsible to act as a liaison between other functions, stakeholders and Local Marketing team to plan and roll out the full spectrum of marketing, communications and branding activities.
Area of accountabilities:
Marketing & Comms strategy
- Define quarterly strategic plans for Marketing & Comms, aligned with company goals and based on brand and consumer insights.
- Work closely with all stakeholders at the central level. Especially with the Design, Content and Product teams to ensure overall brand development across all communication and design materials are aligned.
- Build a robust consumer & brand understanding (based on both internal data and external research) to discover new insights. Translate those insights into creative briefs for new campaign / innovation / renovation.
Coordination & management of local marketing
- Develop, train & lead a team that will execute strategies and activation ideas at local level:
Help them understand local insights on brand and consumer segments
Help them build their local city strategy & actions plan
Liaise with all local teams for city events, partnerships and campaigns
- Act as point of contact between Local Marketing team and Central stakeholders (designers, product managers, customer service…).
- Organise weekly-calls across the marketing team and send out monthly marketing reports for the entire company.
- Analyse the success of marketing campaigns and creating reports and playbooks for best practices.
- A minimum of 6-8 years in marketing / brand management, with a recognised post graduate / graduate degree in marketing / brand / communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (other European language as a big plus - French/German).
- Research-oriented & strategic mindset. Capable to build & implement a vision for the brand and our category
- Strong organisational and management skills
- Multi-task and prioritise workload with quick turnarounds
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Energetic and collaborative with a great work ethic
- Familiar with marketing tools and analysis including all type of research Based ideally in Paris, or in Amsterdam. With flexibility to travel
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right - together.