San Francisco, CA
Good design brings clarity and solves problems. As a designer at DoubleDutch, you’ll be involved in every part of the business. We believe that smart people, given all the information they need, will make good decisions. Everyone’s feedback and opinions are valuable, but the person closest to the problem makes the final call. You’ll collaborate on everything, but you’ll have complete ownership over what you design.
You will work closely with a small team, and for each project, you’ll define a vision, develop a solution, and lead your team to ship. Lots of people will give you ideas and help you along the way, but you will ultimately control what you do.
- Create frictionless, cohesive experiences across a variety of users and platforms
- Design for both mobile and web interfaces
- Collaborate with product managers to define product roadmaps
- Communicate design ideas to engineers and QA, and take technical constraints into account
- Own the end-to-end user experience for your team
- Talk to customers and users about their problems, needs, and processes
Your skills & experience
Product designers at DoubleDutch use whatever tools are necessary to convey their ideas from whiteboards and roadmap creation to wireframes, prototypes, and final production. You’ll need a solid sense of design taste, experience shipping products, and the ability to connect broader strategic goals to specific design decisions.
On top of that, It would be good if you:
- Are a full-stack designer who can get to the heart of a user problem, sketch out ideas, deliver high fidelity mockups, and everything in between
- Have a portfolio that showcases your design process and problem solving abilities
- Are data oriented and always need to know why you’re making something
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where you’re constantly iterating
- Are excellent at giving and receiving feedback
- Bonus points for
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Experience working in startups