Machine Learning Engineer - India
In the $12T construction industry, 98% of projects are delivered, on average, 80% over budget. Doxel is on a mission to stop that from happening.
Root cause? Inability to measure site progress in an objective, trustworthy and frequent manner. Construction managers are frequently surprised to discover that their multi-million dollar projects have been running behind for several weeks or months. By that point, the money has already been spent and it’s too late to fix the problem.
Doxel uses robots to survey sites every day, proprietary deep learning and AI based algorithms to assess progress and turns the terabytes of data it collects into simple insights for project managers that enable them to react to issues in minutes, not months. This enables them to constantly correct site inefficiencies and has demonstrated RoI of eliminating overages entirely and even delivering projects up to 11% below budget.
Doxel has taken the market by storm since it’s launch last year - closing deals with marquee customers such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art.
Doxel’s team consists of some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley that include PhDs, engineers, business leaders and civil engineering professionals on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, graduates from Stanford University and with experience at organizations such as Google Advanced Technologies & Projects.
Doxel is backed by Andreessen Horowitz - famed investor that also backed Facebook, Coinbase, Slack, Airbnb, Github and Lyft.
Doxel is building a distributed infrastructure to capture physical data via LIDAR scanners. We’ll have dozens of robots running in the field, multi-gigabyte data uploads from remote locations, and large data pipelines process the data and applying cutting-edge computer vision ML techniques. Our customers expect fast data turn around and reliable reports. Your job will be to build the software that turns point clouds into insights for the world’s top construction companies.
You’re a machine learning expert that wants to push the boundaries of computer vision in the real world. You salivate at the idea of thousands of high-resolution LIDAR scans waiting to be trained on to teach our robots to “see” and identify objects on construction sites. You’re impact focused and not content with just theoretical results - you make sure your models actually work in the field (quite literally for us!).
- Training and deploying models that automate our computer vision and robotics problems
- Working on object recognition from 3D point clouds, registration and alignment automation
- Work closely with our Data Engineering and Perception Engineers to deliver accurate, reliable alerts whenever something is misinstalled on $100M+ construction projects - fully automatically.
- Use cutting-edge CV deep learning techniques to solve the aforementioned challenges
- Expertise in at least one of: C++, Python, Java, Go (two or more preferred).
- 3+ years of experience working with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or other mainstream ML framework.
- 1+ years of experience with deep learning on production-grade systems at scale.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms and desire to work closely with end-users.
- Computer vision experience, ideally with 3D point clouds from LIDAR
- Expertise in C++ and computer vision OSS (PCL, etc)
- Contributions to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers in machine learning venues (e.g: JMLR, ICLR, NIPS, ICML, ACL and CVPR)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform hosted ML tools
- We work on deeply technical, groundbreaking engineering work
- We like to think we’re more competitive and compassionate than most others - Muhammad Ali, Ayrton Senna and Vince Lombardi are our idols.
- Fiercely competitive, unshakably compassionate Intellectual honesty and radical transparency are core tenets at our company.
- We find that the trust developed in such culture far outweighs all else
- We think revenue is a trailing indicator of success - leading indicators are seeing our people get better at what they do
- We believe in sharing Doxel success in the form of equity which is part of the compensation for all employees
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.