Strategic Account Executive
Redwood City, CA /
Strategic Account Executives at Doxel develop an unusually wide range of skills - from prospecting, finding champions, creating budget line items that don’t yet exist, navigating complex procurement processes and closing large enterprise deals.
This highly visible role will interface frequently with clients, senior-level business leaders, partners, product managers, technology directors, market research teams and the CEO who’s a salesperson himself.
You will have a keen sense for the end-to-end experience, laser sharp focus on the product value, capability to pitch not only a product, but a vision for a new category. This person will be required to communicate informed ideas quickly and crisply.
Sales personnel also have a unique degree of influence on the product because we are maniacal about customer feedback. Engineers and product managers often look to Sales to help them discover new needs, modify existing offerings and tweak packaging. This necessitates our Strategic Account Executives to put their product hat on and occasionally work with product managers to find common ground between what’s possible and what customers are willing to pay an arm and a leg for.
This person will need strong influential skills, high EQ to be able to read a room and identify champions, detractors, influencers and neutral parties, deep understanding of the current state of solutions in this industry and demonstrable capability to counter position against potentially competitive products. A prerequisite for this role is phenomenal communication and articulation skills and capability to convince multiple client-side business functions that what they are selling is the way of the future. Quite simply, this person will be an agent of change in the industry - unwilling to accept the status quo and fiercely passionate about Doxel’s view of how the world should be.
- Contribute to strategy for key accounts, new business and expansion of existing customers
- Experience selling to the largest construction builders in the world
- Monitor sales performance metrics and the ability to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts
- Create new business opportunities at target accounts
- Manage the relationship with our key growth accounts helping to create expansion opportunities.
- Achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs
- Act as the liaison between key customers and internal teams
- Minimum 10+ years in software sales as a strategic account executive
- Experience in in selling into the construction industry
- Hands on experience with CRM software preferably salesforce.com
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- An ability to address customer requests in a timely manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed
- BS or BA degree
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.