Senior Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
In the $12T construction industry, 98% of projects are delivered, on average, 80% over budget. Doxel is on a mission to stop that from happening.
The problem you're solving: bringing artificial intelligence and computer-vision system to the construction industry. You will be working with the Computer Vision team to build and deploy applications that will help build the next generation of construction projects on time and within budget.
The Senior Software Engineer will build a machine vision system that can "see" and understand activities on a construction site. This person understands the complexity of what we are building and always takes a customer-first mindset. What makes the most sense for the customer, not what is the easiest to build. Your work will have immediate real-world applications that our users will love.
- Closely work with computer vision engineers and writing code to process large scale point cloud data
- Build a system that utilizes a multicore processor to efficiently process information
- Help build an AI engine which will recognize and help manage construction sites
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- 4+ years of experience with Python or C++
- 3+ years of experience with linux environments and CLI tools
- Basic understanding of geometry and rigid body transformation
- Experience with test based development practices
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CircleCI
- Chance to be one of the initial members of the team and make a real impact from day 1
- Significant autonomy in engineering decisions
- Develop completely new technology amongst some of the greatest minds in Silicon Valley that include multiple PhDs, "Forbes 30 Under 30 list" businessmen, graduates from Stanford University, and engineers with experience at organizations such as Google Advanced Technologies & Projects (aka “Skunkworks”)
- Clients include Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health, and Lucas Museum
- Rapid career growth potential
- Unlimited vacation, 401k, health, vision and dental benefits
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.