Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
In the $12T construction industry, 98% of projects are delivered, on average, 80% over budget. Doxel is on a mission to stop that from happening.
Root cause? Inability to measure site progress in an objective, trustworthy and frequent manner. Construction managers are frequently surprised to discover that their multi-million dollar projects have been running behind for several weeks or months. By that point, the money has already been spent and it’s too late to fix the problem.
Doxel uses robots to survey sites every day, proprietary deep learning and AI based algorithms to assess progress and turns the terabytes of data it collects into simple insights for project managers that enable them to react to issues in minutes, not months. This enables them to constantly correct site inefficiencies and has demonstrated RoI of eliminating overages entirely and even delivering projects up to 11% below budget.
Doxel has taken the market by storm since it’s launch last year - closing multiple seven figure deals with marquee customers such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art.
Doxel’s team consists of some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley that include PhDs, engineers, business leaders and civil engineering professionals on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, graduates from Stanford University and with experience at organizations such as Google Advanced Technologies & Projects.
Doxel is backed by Andreessen Horowitz - famed investor that also backed Facebook, Coinbase, Slack, Airbnb, Github and Lyft.
You are solving the problem of bringing artificial intelligence and computer-vision system to the construction industry. You will be working with the Computer Vision team to build and deploy applications that will help build the next generation of construction projects on time and within budget.
The Senior Software Engineer will build a machine vision system that can "see" and understand activities on a construction site. This person understands the complexity of what we are building and always takes a customer-first mindset. What makes the most sense for the customer, not what is the easiest to build. Your work will have immediate real-world applications that our users will love.
- Closely work with computer vision engineers and writing code to process large scale point cloud data
- Build a system that utilizes a multicore processor to efficiently process information
- Help build an AI engine which will recognize and help manage construction sites
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
- 4+ years of experience with Python or C++
- 3+ years of experience with linux environments and CLI tools
- Basic understanding of geometry and rigid body transformation
- Experience with test based development practices
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CircleCI
- We work on deeply technical, groundbreaking engineering work
- We like to think we’re more competitive and compassionate than most others - Muhammad Ali, Ayrton Senna and Vince Lombardi are our idols.
- Fiercely competitive, unshakably compassionate Intellectual honesty and radical transparency are core tenets at our company.
- We find that the trust developed in such culture far outweighs all else
- We think revenue is a trailing indicator of success - leading indicators are seeing our people get better at what they do
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Doxel success in the form of equity which is part of the compensation for all employees
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.