Machine Learning Engineer
Landing a construction project on schedule and on budget is a herculean task– different teams, different designs, every single time. With hundreds of thousands of variables changing everyday, optimizing construction outcomes has become a massive challenge.
Doxel is here to change that.
Doxel is an AI Powered Project Controls solution. By contextualizing vast amounts of disparate project data across site, BIM, schedule, and budget, Doxel empowers teams with an objective view of their project today and an accurate prediction of where it will be tomorrow. Leveraging machine generated and prioritized risk analysis, teams are guided to the right problems in order to stay ahead of cost overruns and schedule delays.
Backed by Insight Partners and Andreessen Horowitz and with a growing team of technologists, creatives, and industry veterans, we’re focused on helping customers realize the best outcomes on their construction projects.
Doxel has a distributed infrastructure to capture physical data via LIDAR scanners. You are an expert in perception algorithms and can turn all of this raw data into insights. You know how complex the real-world can be and know the value of good data collection, labeling, and iterative training/experimentation. You also follow the state-of-the-art papers and can quickly implement proof-of-concepts in just a few weeks. And you don’t stop there - you are impact focused and make your models reliable enough (95%+ precision) for production use. You achieve all of this by having the right level of breadth and communication/teamwork skills to move quickly at a startup.
- Training and deploying models that automate our computer vision and robotics problems
- Working on object recognition from 3D LIDAR and RGB-D data, registration and alignment automation
- Work closely with our Data Insights and Computer Vision engineers to deliver accurate, reliable alerts whenever something is misinstalled on $100M+ construction projects - fully automatically.
- Use cutting-edge CV deep learning techniques to solve the aforementioned problems
- 2+ years of experience working with TensorFlow, PyTorch, or other mainstream deep learning framework
- Expertise in at least one of: C++, Python, Java, Go (two or more preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with deep learning on production-grade systems at scale. Familiarity with optimization of neural networks for deployment
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms and desire to work closely with end-users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- Computer vision experience, ideally with 3D point clouds from LIDAR
- Expertise in computer vision OSS libraries (PCL, etc)
- Contributions to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers in machine learning venues (e.g: JMLR, ICLR, NIPS, ICML, ACL and CVPR)
- Experience with cloud development and Google Cloud Platform hosted ML tools
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.