Computer Vision Engineer
In the $12T construction industry, 98% of projects are delivered, on average, 80% over budget. Doxel is on a mission to stop that from happening.
Root cause? Inability to measure site progress in an objective, trustworthy and frequent manner. Construction managers are frequently surprised to discover that their multi-million dollar projects have been running behind for several weeks or months. By that point, the money has already been spent and it’s too late to fix the problem.
Doxel uses robots to survey sites every day, proprietary deep learning and AI based algorithms to assess progress and turns the terabytes of data it collects into simple insights for project managers that enable them to react to issues in minutes, not months. This enables them to constantly correct site inefficiencies and has demonstrated RoI of eliminating overages entirely and even delivering projects up to 11% below budget.
Doxel has taken the market by storm since it’s launch last year - closing deals with marquee customers such as Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art.
Doxel’s team consists of some of the brightest minds in Silicon Valley that include PhDs, engineers, business leaders and civil engineering professionals on the Forbes 30 Under 30 list, graduates from Stanford University and with experience at organizations such as Google Advanced Technologies & Projects.
Doxel is backed by Andreessen Horowitz - famed investor that also backed Facebook, Coinbase, Slack, Airbnb, Github and Lyft.
Terabytes of 3D point clouds and RGB data make you salivate. You run SLAM in your sleep and know the PCL library like the back of your hand. As a Computer Vision engineer at Doxel your job is to make all the data we collect useful to our customers. The role requires building a deep understanding of the construction industry and quickly iterating on innovative ideas. You should love reading the latest papers and love implementing them even more. We don’t stop at demos and proofs-of-concept: your code needs to work on all the construction sites of the world.
Since 3D computer vision is a relatively new field, you may often find yourself in uncharted territory. That's honestly what gets our engineers out of bed.
- Work with our product and infrastructure engineers to transform 3D LIDAR and RGB-D data into insights
- Stay on top of the latest research, open source software, and competitor work in the space
- Experiment with new data capture hardware (LIDAR and RGB-D)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with C++ and Python in a production environment
- Deep understanding of Open3D, PCL, and other “tools of the trade”
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
- Passionate about data maintenance, data quality control, and all other important data analysis techniques
- Experience running computer vision applications in production environments
- Experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch, or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience running production computer vision systems, including being primary on-call
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some hands-on experience with: Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, Google Cloud/AWS, Git
- Experience being primary on-call for production computer vision systems
Doxel is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.