Director, Protein Engineering
Founded in 2015 by Dr. Tyler Jacks, head of the Koch Institute at MIT, Dr. David Raulet, one of the world's leading experts in Natural Killer (NK) cell biology, and Bill Haney, a longtime tech entrepreneur and investor, Dragonfly Therapeutics develops novel first-in-class therapeutics targeted at Natural Killer cells and other cells of the innate immune system. Our therapies are designed to counterbalance immune suppressive factors present in the tumor microenvironment and mobilize anti-cancer immune responses, and are expected to be potent as single agents as well as in treatment combinations with existing cancer immunotherapies – such as T cell treatments. Dragonfly’s Scientific Advisory Board and founders are major figures in cancer biology and immunology, and launched Dragonfly to harness the power of the immune system to provide breakthrough cancer treatments for patients.
Director, Protein Engineering
Dragonfly seeks a knowledgeable, experienced and motivated scientific leader to be a key driver in the development of novel biologic drugs. The successful candidate will work with Dragonfly’s talented team to discover and develop therapies that stimulate immune responses against solid and hematologic cancers.
· Design and engineer bi-specific and multi-specific antibody-based cancer therapies
· Screen and optimize molecules for desired biological function and developability characteristics
· Provide expertise in protein biologics drug development from discovery to IND
· Lead and manage Scientists and Research Associates involved in molecular biology and protein expression, purification and analytics functions
· Develop SOPs and organized workflows and be accountable for progress towards key goals on defined timelines
· Work closely and interface collaboratively with other groups in a multidisciplinary company
· Take initiative readily and further develop expertise as needed; stay current on relevant literature
· Form and lead relationships with CROs and external research collaborators
· Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, structural biology, chemical engineering, or related discipline
· Demonstrated expertise in bi-specific and multi-specific antibody engineering and optimization, particularly for biologic therapy development
· 8+ years of relevant research experience, including in biopharmaceutical industry setting
· Demonstrated ability to lead others in the office as well as bench-side
· Fundamental understanding of protein structure/function and ability to implement analytical techniques for biophysical and biochemical characterization
· Good understanding of biologics manufacturing process including bioprocess development
· Proven ability to independently initiate and follow through on new projects
· Understanding of immunology/oncology and ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
· Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
· Self-motivated, conscientious, and enthusiastic about curing cancer
We look forward to talking with you!