Principal Cloud Data Engineer
Remote - USA /
Do you want to make a meaningful contribution to society by securing critical infrastructure and knowing that your work was impactful? Our software codifies our knowledge and experience, delivering an intelligent, orchestrated, and automated approach to asset protection, threat detection, analysis, and response. The Dragos Neighborhood Keeper Program is not just a technology solution but is a partnership with industry leaders to create a solution that maps to gaps in the community’s ability to respond to OT threats.
Dragos is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Principal Cloud Data Engineer interested in developing solutions to help safeguard the world’s industrial infrastructure in a highly collaborative team at Dragos. We set our goal as best in class and are looking for team players who set these same standards for themselves.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Support data ingest of network data into the ELK stack (Elasticsearch).
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle (Agile/Scrum).
- 7 years experience with 3-5 years specifically building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar technology stack is highly desired.
Nice to Have
- Experience with HashiCorp automation and security tools, specifically Vault and Terraform.
- Understanding and experience with data science algorithms and application of machine learning to drive correlation and clustering.
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.
We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the Ukraine 2015 power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware responsible for the Ukraine 2016 electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware responsible for the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency mission to identify nation-states breaking into ICS, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world.
We offer competitive salaries, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K and life insurance.