Staff Systems Engineer
Remote - USA, CAN /
Engineering – Systems Engineering /
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the necessities of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments.
Dragos is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to join its System Engineering team. The Staff Systems Engineer works cross-functionally with other engineering teams to provide expert advice on design, implementation, and tactical troubleshooting. They ensure quality documentation exists for all critical systems, while also providing guidance and mentorship to other Senior Engineers. We set our goal as best in class and are looking for team players who set these same standards for themselves in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate in architecture, scoping, and implementation of the Dragos Platform operating system, internal APIs, upgrade processes, and other features.
- Collaborate on design and implementation of core components of our application stack and custom operating system
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
- Directly contributes to feature and tech debt work, while also ensuring realistic estimates are defined for said work.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (7+ preferred) in systems engineering, with at least a year of experience working with Kubernetes/OpenShift in a production environment.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux operating systems, in an engineering or administration role. Experience with Debian or Ubuntu is strongly preferred.
- Strong working experience with Puppet, Docker Compose, Helm, Git, and
- Significant CICD tooling experience, ideally a comfortable contributor as a developer (git, Jenkins/bitbucket/GitLab/etc)
- Very strong scripting, specifically in Bash, Python, and Ruby (but other languages are welcome)
- Solid knowledge of API architecture and implementation
- Significant experience architecting operating systems, API, Hybrid Kubernetes Clusters, or other complex infrastructure.
- Base Salary: $160,000
- Base + Benefits + Equity = $275,000
- Comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K with match)
- Equity at Dragos is quickly growing and the total compensation under-represents the future growth and refresh program. This will be discussed on the first call with the Dragos recruiter.
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a core value at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical in our success as we defend adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws.