Customer Success Manager
San Diego HQ /
Customer Success /
Drata is the fastest and simplest way to achieve continuous SOC 2 compliance. Build trust with your customers and securely grow your business in the cloud. A close knit team with a history of success building, scaling and supporting the San Diego Startup scene, Drata’s culture is second to none. Team members come from a variety of backgrounds, but have one thing in common, their drive to win and empower customers while doing so. If you thrive in a fast paced environment with a team of A players to learn and grow with, Drata is the place for you.
This Customer Success Manager (CSM) position is an extremely critical role in helping us realize our goal of providing our customers with an unequaled customer experience. You understand the value of nurturing customer relationships; you advocate the principle of a virtuous cycle of customer success and revenue performance. You will provide proactive outreach with the goal of nurturing, retaining, and growing accounts. Key performance metrics include NPS, logo retention and next revenue retention. In this role, you will also be tasked with providing structure and project management to the SOC 2 process for our customers. You will guide them, provide direction and resources to ensure their success. In short, you will become a trusted advisor in their journey towards compliance.
- Own overall relationship with assigned customers, which includes: increasing adoption and ensuring retention, satisfaction, and renewals
- Establish regular cadence (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) with each assigned customer, to review dashboards, KPI’s, opportunities for improvement and audit status
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Contribute to developing nurture campaigns
- Conduct QBRs
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work actively to eliminate that risk
- Function as the customer advocate and provide internal feedback on how Drata can better serve our customers including tracking and escalating bugs and feature requests
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing role, preferably in Customer Success or Account Management
- BA/BS or Equivalent
- Experience in B2B SaaS
- Startup experience
- Friendly well-spoken communicator with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Good listener with a coachable, positive attitude
- Embody our ethos of ‘Trust’
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Revenue responsibility in past roles
- Success in a high-growth environment and adaptable to change
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment