Senior iOS Engineer Team Lead
All Locations /
Software Engineering /
If revolutionizing healthcare excites you, join our growing team and help us achieve our mission to build better software for doctors and patients and improve healthcare for all. drchrono was founded and is led by two software engineers, Michael Nusimow and Daniel Kivatinos. Unlike other healthcare companies, our company is built from the ground up to address modern healthcare through technology and innovation. We believe in open APIs and being part of an open ecosystem.
We are a YCombinator funded Silicon Valley startup working out of the chronoplex in Sunnyvale, CA and Hunt Valley, Maryland. Since our inception, we have attracted over 100k physicians, 10 million patients, and have been to the White House to discuss how technology can solve healthcare problems as part of the Obama Administration’s Precision Medicine Initiative . So far we’ve booked 20+ million patient appointments and processed 1.5 billion dollars in medical billing per year. drchrono is ranked by INC 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. We are an official Apple Mobility Partner with our industry leading EHR (Electronic Health Records) iPad app.
Silicon Valley Business Journal designated drchrono as one of the fastest growing private companies and was voted the #1 mobile Electronic Health Record 5 years in a row by Black Book Rankings.
drchrono Engineering team plays a critical role delivering innovative products from inception to mass adoption. You’ll be able to use your expertise and creative talents to build things working closely with product, design, and other departments. We have the mind and soul of SaaS startup and you’ll be able to build world class software that delights users and can scale to millions of people. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You could be an experienced engineer or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development lifecycle.
In this role you will...
- Lead and mentor a growing iOS engineering team.
- Plan and implement strategic improvements to our iOS applications.
- Have the opportunity to build iOS product offerings that impact tens of thousands of our users.
- Take complex and thorny practices and processes and build beautifully simple and maintainable software.
- Continuously improve our scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity.
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code to make a meaningful impact in healthcare.
- Implement automated and exploratory testing processes that provide continuous feedback on quality issues; find ways to break our apps before their public release.
Some projects you may be apart of…
- Migrating our applications from Objective C to Swift.
- Improve push notifications to increase engagement with doctors.
- Flowsheets system to let doctors customize data and display it in a meaningful way.
- Work on exciting iOS features, as well as different Apple platforms like Apple Watch.
- Architecting new features that will streamline our users’ workflow and give them more time to spend face to face with their patients.
- Developing internal frameworks which will be used by whole iOS team.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- Worked on one or more applications which are live in the app store.
- 3+ years of iOS mobile app development experience.
- Worked extensively with Swift and Objective C.
- Experience using Xcode. Working in CocoaPods is a huge plus.
- A deep understanding of the iOS framework and can solve problems quickly.
- Understanding of design / UI / UX fundamentals.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Worked previously in an agile environment and know how to get things done.
- Experience handling high level projects at a mid-sized company.
- A passion for the healthcare industry and programming!