Hunt Valley, Maryland
As a Support Manager for DrChrono, you will be directly responsible for both providing quality, personalized, and experienced support to our healthcare provider community and for mentoring and supporting a team of talented individuals to do the same. As mentioned this includes direct support of this community through second tier/escalation issue support as well as through the coaching and management of tier one support staff who are delivering support through a variety of communication channels (phone, email, and chat). In this role, the team leader is responsible for hiring, motivating, mentoring, recognizing, rewarding, coaching, performance management, quality assurance, counseling, training, and problem solving. This role is responsible for assisting senior staff with the development analysis and implementation of staffing, training, quality monitoring and improvement, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
As mentioned, in addition to leadership functions, this role will be responsible for direct support interactions which include email, phone, and chat support. This role is expected to serve as a product champion for the team within the first 90 days of assuming the position.
In this role you will...
- Lead a team of 5 people responsible for managing our support desk to designed to improve the customer experience through problem solving
- Be responsible for leading a team designed to provide technical customer support to existing clients
- Build, manage and scale a team that provides technical customer support to our clients
- Be responsible for embracing chat and content marketing into our support strategy
- Help improve our client help desk experience and documentation
- Drive efficiency in our support channels by driving down SLA response time
- Be a part of our growing management team in our east coast office
- Act as a subject matter expert to effectively partner with customers and departments across DrChrono to achieve desired outcomes by clarifying needs and providing appropriate solutions
- Represent the Customer Success team on projects and participate in meetings and other assigned tasks as requested.
- Provide direct tier 2 escalation handling for provider support issues (phone, chat, and email)
- Coach and mentor tier one staff members towards problem solving/resolution outcomes
- Focus team on reduced customer effort/positive customer experience mindset with leadership approach and customer experience strategy implementation
- Suggest and upon approval, implement reward/recognition/retention programs
- Imbue and infuse your proactive attitude into team culture
- Serve as product champion and resource and identify and coach a product champion backup
- Provide weekly qualitative and quantitative reporting to senior staff
- Experience working in customer support for a SaaS startup, bonus points if you worked in health-tech or for another EHR company
- Experience hiring, coaching, and scaling a team of direct reports responsible for Tier 2 support desk issues and providing customer service
- Experience managing onshore and offshore teams, we’re not looking for people with exclusively call center experience
- An analytical mindset and use data as the decision driver when making changes and improvements to our processes
- An interest in the latest and greatest technologies designed to empower the client experience. We use ZenDesk as a CRM, Zoom, and other software tools to empower our teams.
- Experience with support desk and client training technology and automation
- Experience with online digital content libraries and content management strategies for support teams to educate customers on getting the most out of our solution, products and services.
- Ability to provide technical support and use troubleshooting guides to solve complex problems
- Ability to seek solutions for customers in a fast-paced environmentExcellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus and a warm and empathic interpersonal demeanor
- Demonstrated proven leadership and management experience
- Strong organizational skill and can delegate successfully
- Experience with customer relationship management tools/software (Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira, etc)
- Extensive experience analyzing and reporting support operations metrics
- RCM/Medical Billing experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures, it's a big plus!
Company perks include...
- You’ll be working with a vibrant diverse team that is made up makes up of individuals truly passionate about revolutionizing the future of healthcare.
- Up to 90% health, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and their dependents starting on your first day at DrChrono.
- A fully equipped gym in both of our Hunt Valley, MD & Sunnyvale, CA locations as well a subsidized fitness classes in your area.
- We have a partnership with Apple so all employees get access to the latest apple gear- iOS devices, iPads, & MacBooks.
- Catered lunches once a week and a stipend lunch twice a week.
- We offer an employee benefit where DrChrono helps support parents in finding childcare.
- 401k matching program.
- Generous paid-time and paid holidays.
- Flexible schedule and remote policy.