Product Manager - Billing Team
A key component to drchrono’s EMR is our Billing Software, an intuitive set of applications and tools that allows making the billing operations easier for our Customers and in-house Billers and Coders. As the PM of the Billing team, you will own the end to end experience, all the way from the product experience to our market positioning. You will be responsible for developing and executing on the vision, strategy, and roadmap that enables providers to get to the highest quality for all appropriate needs, while reducing the operational complexities of our product workflow. In your job, you are well equipped to write business requirements into functional requirement specification documents and functional designs for electronic health record (EHR) and practice management software (PMS) applications. As a leader, you are highly-accountable with strong interpersonal skills in working with Engineers, RCM Operation leaders, Vendors and Customers. You function effectively in a busy environment with little or no supervision and are comfortable making independent decisions.
In this role you will...
- Research the existing product and customer requests to determine the desired functionality.
- Understand and analyze user needs using both quantitative and qualitative tactics.
- Lead the full product cycle: ideation, research, design, development, launch, and iteration.
- Create wireframes of proposed UI for the assigned modules.
- Write functional specifications based on the research and meetings done for each module assigned.
- Conduct review sessions of functional specifications to obtain approval from all necessary parties.
- Support the approved functional specifications through the Design, Development and QA processes.
- Communicate with high-level personnel; Sales, Account Managers, Customer Support, Engineering, QA, Senior Management and external customers, including Providers, Billing Staff, CEOs, CFOs, etc.
- Organize and prioritize many high priority items, determine strategic goals.
- Work directly with customers, research and write specifications based on their requests.
- Serve as the resident expert within Product management and “go to” person for all coding, billing and collections processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, healthcare administration, business or related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a medical practice/medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections experience with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations.
- A certification as a certified coder (plus).
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare.
- An understanding of CPT, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes and procedural modifiers, claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes.
- Experience in any of the EMR software and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- The ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a busy and changing work environment.
- Strong leadership, team development and business skills.
In the first 30 days, you'll...
- Understand internal processes and collaborate with product, design, and engineering teams, using agile principles to deliver products that drive meaningful health outcomes
- Spend time with our engineers, RCM operations, AMs, customers and users to understand their pain points and help inform our product strategy
- Become an expert on our existing product, understanding our target customers and key market differentiators
In the first 60 days, you'll...
- Manage the product lifecycle from ideation to launch, working closely with design and engineering to deliver quality product releases
- Start actively leading the ongoing projects and setting strategic direction to our Product Engineers
In the first 90 days, you'll...
- Own the vision for future product lines, working closely with product and engineering leadership to align product roadmaps with our overall product strategy
- Collaborate with our Sales, AMs and Customer success teams to ensure successful go-to-market strategies that drive product utilization
- Analyze and synthesize various sources of customer data including product utilization data, support tickets, etc. to help us evaluate the success of product releases