Senior Dev Ops Engineer
We are a YCombinator-funded startup working to revolutionize US healthcare! DrChrono was founded and is led by two software engineers, Michael Nusimow and Daniel Kivatinos. Our technology and open APIs empower more than 150k physicians to care for 16 million patients. Our doctors have booked 56+ million patient appointments and we process 1.5 billion dollars in medical billing per year. We’re an Apple Mobility Partner with our award-winning EHR iPad app, and have even been to the White House to discuss how technology can solve healthcare problems!
Our engineering team develops innovative products, and collaborates with both product and design teams from the beginning to create outstanding features. We have the mind and soul of SaaS startup, and work in quick iterations to continuously perfect our application!
In this role you will...
- Maintain all our environments (Dev, Staging, DB, Warehouse, Analytics) and scale our production services in Rackspace
- Improve our scalability, reliability, capacity, security & performance
- Build internal tools on Python and Chef to support infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation, and be responsible for the uptime of our infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot incidents, test out hypotheses and find root-causes
- Migrate our infrastructure to AWS environment
Some projects you will be apart of...
- Build out scalable infrastructure of our Web, DB Servers
- Define the AWS Infra architecture from Rackspace and migrate the environment
- Increase efficiency and develop best practices to help us build a scalable platform that helps doctors run their practice more efficiently
- Tighten our platform security and address infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience working with open source software (such as MySQL, Celery, Redis, HAProxy, Nginx etc)
- Experience with Python and DjangoExperience working with MariaDB/MySQL/RedShift DB and DB Administration
- Understand modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Fabric, Docker, etc.
- Experience with deploying web apps to cloud infrastructure (Rackspace and AWS) and working with distributed, service-oriented architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Clear communication skills when it comes to reporting needs and answering technical and service questions