UI/UX Web Designer
If revolutionizing healthcare excites you, join our growing team and help us achieve our mission to build better software for doctors and patients and improve healthcare for all.
The DrChrono design team plays a critical role delivering innovative products from inception to mass adoption. You will be working closely with the design, engineering, marketing, and sales and the rest of our product team. Our designers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table. And because we push new versions of the website and web apps, it won't take long to get your work out in front of users.
- Prototype custom user interfaces for our web apps and develop design solutions for complex doctor workflows in DrChrono’s EHR, Patient product suite
- Evaluate existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Strive to develop simple and easy-to-understand UI to make the product easy to use for physician from all age ranges.
- Work with engineers to understand constraints and create UI that can be easy to implement.
- Make recommendations for better design and user experience based on sound reasoning and best practices.
- Ensure design consistency throughout our product and create a consistent user experience for new and existing designs.
- Manage tasks across multiple simultaneous projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in design or design-related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in UI/UX design with an emphasis on shipping useful, usable, and delightful products
- Experience in developing, testing, and refining concepts based on research, insights, and brand. Confident with a variety of prototyping and user research methodologies.
- Comfort managing a project from inception through execution. Able to see the broader picture while delighting in the quality and nuance of the specifics
- Highly experienced in Illustrator, Photoshop or comparable design/prototyping tools like Sketch, Invision, Framer. Understand responsive web design standards, and a variety of front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Angular, React etc.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- A strong portfolio website showing your design abilities.
- Strong proficiency in web development technologies (HTML & CSS).
- An open mind to accept constructive feedback and work in a team environment.
- A passion for art & design.
In your first 30 days, you will...
- Onboard with DrChrono’s internal processes and teams
- Develop an understanding of our products, customers through research, visits, and personas
- Understand our brand guidelines, design principles, and user stories as a foundation for your design efforts
- Participate in design feedback and critique sessions to help us all become better at what we do
In your first 60 days, you will...
- Propose first set of User designs in collaboration with the PM
- Deliver your product specifications to engineering for implementation. Partner with engineering as your designs are built.
In your first 90 days, you will...
- Own the vision for future product lines, working closely with product and engineering leadership to align UX designs aligning with our overall product strategy
- Define or refine the long-term vision for your product. Propose ways that we can innovate and differentiate our product by delighting our users.
- Review our creative library, identify issues and opportunities, and work cross-functionally to enhance our guidelines, pattern libraries, and templates
- Propose new patterns and components that help broaden and deepen our living design system framework