Dev Ops Engineering enable our Application engineers to pre-empt problems before they ever threaten our customers operations. DevOps combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job. DevOps fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, applications & systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an Operations engineer to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in working on system administration of web-based applications deployed on Unix/Linux systems
- Experience as systems administrator on Unix/Linux environments and as programmer on Python, Perl, Ruby, specially for systems automation
- Experience working with cloud-hosted platforms including Rackspace, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Practical experience with open source technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, Kafka, Airflow, Spark, Terraform, Packer, Vault
- Ability to write SQL and design relational, document, and column oriented database schemas
- Working with data at the petabyte scale
- Passion for delivering high quality code and solutions that are built on modern DevOps principles
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other DevOps Engineer, Application Engineers, Product Managers, etc
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a busy and changing work environment
In your first 30 days, YOU'LL...
- Understand the deployment tools and familiarize with our internal development processes
- Have deployed at least once to production shadowing our DevOps engineers
- Have written your first lines of code for automation, deployed to production and learnt the whole 9 yards of development
- Set up your local environment on Docker and familiar with different applications
- Spend time with our engineers to understand their pain points from development and help inform our product strategy
- Got access to all 3rd party Operational tools and started to monitor operational dashboards and identify actions
In your first 60 days, YOU'LL...
- Start actively leading the ongoing DevOps projects
- Have evaluated our processes and practices and collaborated with the team to improve inefficiencies.
- Have collaborated within Engineering to gather and scope requirements for improving the deployment and automation of our testing and delivery systems.
- Be part of regular support rotations and Incident management
In your first 90 days, YOU'LL...
- Have delivered at least one project independently and involved in quarterly roadmap activities.
- Review the deployment architecture and identify improvement areas for scalability and reliability.
- Update/introduce best-practices around incident management, blameless postmortems, and capacity planning.
We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc. We actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.