Business Development Representative
Raleigh, NC /
Sales – Inside Sales /
Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
The Business Development Representative is a position focused on developing and cultivating relationships with prospects, leads, and customers. The successful individual will be responsible for developing excellent customer relationships and will work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to generate and qualify new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals. This person will be responsible for working as a cohesive and dynamic team member. They will partner with sales team to achieve sales and revenue goals for an assigned territory by developing and building long-term relationships with customers. This ideal candidate is not satisfied with the status quo and has a hunger for personal professional development and career advancement opportunities.
What You'll be Doing:
- Collaborate with sales team to develop and implement a territory sales and marketing plan to generate qualified leads by proactively addressing every step in the prospecting cycle
- Work with sales account executives to generate leads
- Drive new business to foster growth within the territory using the phone, email
andsocial media, chat applications and Zoom video
- Use strategy to generate lists of target opportunities
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- 1+ years sales experience preferred
- Experience with using a CRM System preferred
- Passion for software sales career is preferred
- Prospecting and closing skills preferred
- K-12 industry experience preferred
- Software sales or sales of educational materials experience is a plus
- Proven success of social selling is a plus
- Demonstrated history of goal achievement
- Knowledge of prospecting principles and practices
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- Desire and ability to exceed goals
- Strong written and verbal skills; demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Problem solving skills
- Intrinsic motivation to continually get 1% better and raise the baseline of your customers and colleagues
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!