Raleigh, NC /
Sales – Inside Sales /
Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
As an Account Executive, you will play a significant role in DreamBox Learning. You will serve as a junior individual contributor focused on new business acquisition and expansion growth revenue streams as well as outbound activities to grow the field team’s pipeline. Three key measures of success are individual performance against target, territory growth, and team pipeline growth.
The Account Executive will report directly to the Sales Manager and carry a junior level individual sales target on the regional territory team as well as be tasked with inside sales responsibility to help grow the team’s pipeline.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Consistently meet and exceed individual targets
- Cold call to find and grow new relationships for pipeline growth activities
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads from email campaigns, tradeshows, digital advertising, and other
- marketing events to qualify and schedule appointments for the sales team
- Partner with field sales to execute against territory strategy and set up a warm lead transfer
- Live in Salesforce CRM to drive behavior and document actions
- Create, communicate, and execute against individual sales strategy and territory plan
- Develop proficiency on all DreamBox Learning products and solutions
- Penetrate the school administrators and math/data coaches relationships
- Leverage current clients to grow expansion opportunity
- Sell transactional “bottom-up” business
- Give prompt reports on crucial issues to the direct manager
- Schedule and deliver online demonstrations and perform needs assessments with school
- Accurately forecast upcoming sales performance to sales leadership and executive team
- Work together with colleagues from other departments (Marketing, CS, PD, PM, and Curriculum) to improve efficiency and overall prospect/client experience
- Assess activity level performance against expectations
- Contribute to building a positive team culture where people want to work and thrive
- 2+ years of successful sales experience
- Data-driven salesperson
- The ability to build rapport, to outline a buying vision, to challenge the status quo, and to position DreamBox
- Learning as a strategic partner
- The ability to define and execute a strategic sales and territory plan
- Proficiency in researching, developing, prospecting, and creating a pipeline of school and district
- opportunities of at least three times the necessary revenue to meet a sales quota
- Confident communicator with active listening skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to support customer interactions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized, focused, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly energetic self-starter
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce CRM or equivalent CRM
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!