Talent / Casting Associate
Dreams is a live internet TV channel launching in 2019. We are a small team in New York building the next generation of live broadcast television.
Talent / Casting Associate Role
As our first Talent / Casting Associate, you will be responsible for sourcing, scheduling, and communicating with on-air talent and guests. You will run weekly casting sessions, maintain a directory of hosts and guests, and generally ensure that we have great people in front of the camera for every shoot. We’re a startup, so you will figure out these processes from scratch.
This role will start on a freelance / trial basis.
- Run weekly casting sessions
- Book hosts and guests for daily test shoots
- Handle all communications with talent: ensure everyone on camera knows what’s going on, shows up on time, gets paid, and has a great experience
- Regularly come up with new ideas for sourcing fresh on-screen talent
- Track talent metrics: statistics on our outreach pipeline, ratings from user research, etc.
- Must LOVE working with people! You will do this all day, every day.
- Experience in a professional production environment in a casting / talent capacity
- Comfortable diving in with minimal guidance and producing great outcomes quickly
- Strong intuition for what makes someone great on live TV
- Ability to fearlessly reach out to people cold and get responses quickly
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Available to work from our lower Manhattan office