Visual / Motion Designer
Dreams is a live internet TV channel launching in 2019. We are a small team in New York building the next generation of live broadcast television.
About the Role
We’re looking for an all-star visual thinker to create the visual identity and on-screen graphics for a new TV channel launching in 2019. Dreams will broadcast live 24/7 from our studios in Manhattan, with a focus on global news and culture.
We are not looking for conventional graphics or interface design. We hope to find a collaborator who can push boundaries and think through innovative visual approaches from scratch.
- Own the visual design for a wide variety of projects – everything from on-air graphics for lower thirds to studio visuals
- Quickly and flexibly iterate on design challenges to explore new approaches
- Collaborate with our talent, production and editorial teams to ensure that anything we put into the world has a fresh and vibrant look
- Identify any unattractive designs we’ve put into the world and fix them
- Explore what ‘TV in the year 3000’ means and make it real
- Outstanding visual design portfolio showing working you conceived and implemented from scratch, yourself
- Strong understanding of (and love for) typography
- Available to work from our office in the Financial District (must be local to NYC)
- Ability to produce beautiful, effective results with minimal guidance
- Motion design experience is not required, but is a strong plus