Director of Photography
Dreams is a live internet TV channel launching in 2019. We are a small team in New York building the next generation of live broadcast television.
Director of Photography (Freelance)
We are hiring a freelance DP to oversee studio test shoots in early January. We are looking for a senior contributor with significant experience in TV studio production. You will conduct tests of lighting, cameras, lenses, etc. to determine the look and feel of a next-generation live news channel.
- Conduct hands-on camera tests to help us evaluate lighting approaches, camera systems and settings, lenses, switching systems, etc.
- Pull a variety of look references (from TV to sci-fi and beyond) to help us think through the look of the channel
- Work with a rental house to bring a variety of camera and lens systems into the studio for evaluation
- Work with studio staff to light the set
- Try out a range of potential looks, then clearly document the ideal setup so that others can replicate it
- Outstanding DP reel showing work you created (ideally in a studio setting)
- Significant experience with TV studio production, especially live news
- Familiar with a range of broadcast and digital cinema cameras
- Comfortable directing a studio lighting crew
- Deep understanding of the technical aspects of cinematography: framerates, bitrates, gamma, LUTs, etc.
- Interest in rethinking and improving the look of live TV news
- Available to work from our midtown Manhattan studio in early January