Dreams is a live internet TV channel launching in 2019. We are a small team in New York building the next generation of live broadcast television.
Live TV News Producer
We are hiring a generalist producer to pull together all aspects of a new live news production, starting with simple daily prototypes and growing into full-blown TV studio production.
This is a hands-on role: you will be responsible for everything from booking talent to sourcing crew to managing our production calendar. Comfort with a rapidly evolving, ambiguous, early-stage startup environment is essential.
This role is entirely focused on production execution, not content/editorial. The ideal candidate loves managing schedules, budgets, equipment, talent, and crew.
- Ensure our daily live news productions run smoothly and to a high quality standard
- Manage the production calendar, including studio space, crew, talent, and equipment
- Regularly communicate production plans and results to the entire team; run regular production meetings
- Plan the buildout of our studio: coordinate with vendors, plan camera and audio tests, etc.
- Handle communications with talent and crew, including booking, onboarding, invoicing, getting people in and out of the building, etc.
- Explore new ways to achieve a very high quality bar with scrappy, innovative production techniques
- Proactively pick up any and all tasks required to make production run smoothly
- Experience in a professional production environment
- Strong, specific understanding of what differentiates high-quality TV from low-quality web video
- Comfortable preparing production budgets, with an understanding of cost ballparks for different styles and levels of production
- Experience with live TV news production and/or early-stage startups is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Available to work from our lower Manhattan office