Dreams is TV for your phone. We broadcast new mobile TV channels in a simple, free app with no login. We started Dreams to design TV for the most important device in our lives. Our team is rethinking the way TV looks, feels, and works on our phones. Everyone should be able to tune into great shows and live news with a single tap. The best TV is the one you have with you.
Communications Lead at Dreams
As the Communications Lead, you will be charged with the mission of developing a holistic communications strategy for the business, inclusive of branding, public relations, and molding the company ethos. This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with members of the media.
Things you’ll do:
- Draft media alerts and press releases for wide range of announcements
- Build out a communications and editorial calendar
- Identify opportunities for speaking engagements and conferences to attend
- Develop company voice and shared language
- Coordinate all PR efforts while building relationships with relevant outlets
- Evaluate media opportunities and events for Dreams; assist with all briefing materials for media interviews
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an ongoing basis.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests; speak at company events to relevant audiences
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in communications/public relations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or similar
- Excellent existing relationships with key media across business press, broadcast, consumer, trade, digital and influencer areas
- Proven ability to pitch and secure placements among top-tier press outlets
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Hands-on experience working with, or at, an early stage start-up and be familiar with the unique dynamics that come along with that
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Self-starter that can easily work with minimal supervision
- Strong communicator, both written and oral, with an ability to use those skills to drive change and execute tasks