Director - SRE
Dream11 – Technology
Technology at Dream11:
Our tech team is the core of Dream11’s mobile-first cross-platform (desktop + mobile PWA, android & iOS) product, serving more than 8 Crore users with over 50 million rpm (requests per minute) at peak with user concurrency of just under 3 million.
Our tech stack is hosted on AWS, comprises multiple distributed systems with likes of Cassandra, Aerospike, Akka, Voltdb etc.
We have around 40 microservices mostly written in Java or Node.js. They serve isolated product features with discrete architectures to serve the respective use-cases.
As to serve our huge traffic we need to move our data around to different services. For that we heavily use Kafka, Spark, Redshift and other cutting edge technologies to keep improving Dream11’s performance.
As a data-driven team, we also use R,Python and other big data technologies for Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis.
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) at Dream11 fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex web-scale and Data systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design to make sure products/features are Scalable, Operable and resilient to disaster . The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
As a Director in the Site Reliability, you will be responsible for leading a group of Software Engineers and/or Site Reliability Engineers to build a world class site reliability engineering team. You will contribute by enhancing our systems, tools, processes, and training; as well as running incidents. This means that the ideal candidate has a strong track record of managing high performing teams and a strong understanding of computer science and/or information system fundamentals, is intensely curious about the technology, and continues to grow in technical expertise over time.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services.
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Should be able to lead a team of smart engineers.
- Should be able to strategically guide the team to greater automation adoption.
- Experience Building/managing DevOps/SRE teams.
- Strong in troubleshooting/debugging Systems,Network and Applications
- Strong in Unix/Linux operating systems and Networking.
- Working knowledge of Open source technologies in Monitoring, Deployment and incident management.
Good to have
- Minimum 3+ years of team management experience.
- Experience in Containers and orchestration layers like Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon
- Proven experience in programming & diagnostics in any languages like Go, Python, Java
- Experience in NoSQL/SQL technologies like Cassandra/MySQL/CouchBase etc.
- Experience in BigData technologies like Kafka/Hadoop/Airflow/Spark.
- Is a die-hard sports fan.
Dream Sports is a sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo and DreamPay in its portfolio. Dream Sports is executing its vision of ‘Make Sports Better’ by providing multiple avenues for fans to deeply engage with the sports they love through fantasy sports, content, commerce, experiences and events, among others.Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, the company has been ranked #10 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces in 2019 and was recognised as one of the top 10 innovative companies in India by Fast Company in 2019. Kalaari Capital, Think Investments, Multiples Equity, Tencent and Steadview Capital are the marquee investors in Dream Sports.