Senior Game Designer - Systems
Dream Game Studios – Design /
Dream Game Studios is a game developer and publisher building console-quality realistic mobile games of international standards from India. The company is a division of Dream Sports , which has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years, with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo, DreamPay, and Dream Capital in its portfolio.
Founded by India's gaming industry veterans credited with multiple international award-winning games, Dream Game Studios' mission is to reach the hearts of the players through deeply engaging, visually stunning, and technically outstanding games.
Working at Dream Game Studios means an opportunity to work on some of the biggest mobile games to come out of India, alongside some of the brightest, most driven, and most gifted minds in the industry.
- Design and implement game systems that provide engaging experiences for players
- Develop technical designs for levels, characters, objects, and game rules
- Develop storyboards, flowcharts, and diagrams to illustrate gameplay
- Craft technical and design documents outlining game design specifications
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that game systems are balanced and integrated seamlessly into the game.
- Analyze player data to identify areas for improvement and make informed decisions about game design
- Test prototypes, levels, and features for accuracy and bugs
- Identify, assess, and solve problems within the game
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of game development processes and technology
- Mentor junior designers and provide guidance on game design principles and best practices
- 4+ years of experience designing game systems for mobile games
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of what makes for a fun and engaging gameplay experience
- Passion for playing video games and staying up-to-date on industry trends
- Experience working with live games and the ability to iterate and improve game systems based on player feedback
Good to have
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication, project management and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Knowledge of game engines and development tools
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as Dream11 , the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode , a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, DreamX , a sports accelerator, DreamSetGo , a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay , a payment solutions provider. It has founded the Dream Sports Foundation to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports , the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.