Software Engineer - Frontend
FanCode – Technology /
Technology @ FanCode
We have one mission, Create a platform for all sports fans. Built by sports fans for sports fans. We’re at the beginning of our story and growing at an incredible pace.
The Front-end development team builds user interfaces across a spectrum of platforms, from React Native mobile apps and the fancode.com website to Android TV and content management systems. The team uses React heavily on the front end along with Redux for state management. We use GraphQL as the middle layer between frontend and backend. Leveraging the in house development framework, the team ensures a cohesive user experience across devices along with highly performant app architecture. The team adheres to Test-Driven Development (TDD) principles, utilizing Jest and Chai for comprehensive unit testing.
- Work in cross functional teams to design and implement user interfaces across hybrid platforms.
- Write and maintain clean, efficient code, ensuring cross-platform compatibility.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) using Jest and Chai for unit testing.
- Continuously learn and adapt to new front-end technologies and best practices to work on different front end platforms.
- Assist in debugging and refining the UI/UX, ensuring optimal user satisfaction.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in demonstrating web or mobile app development.
- Understanding of fundamentals including but not limited to caching to optimize app performance, optimizing different metrics of lighthouse, SEO, UI / UX interaction, accessibility and responsive web development.
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs, understanding how to integrate and query data from servers efficiently.
Good to Have:
- Professional experience in React Native
- Experience in working with Redux, GraphQL and Jest.
- They should possess strong communication skills to effectively interact with team members and stakeholders as well as contribute positively to the team dynamics in an agile development environment.
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, and DreamPay, a payment solutions provider. It has founded the Dream Sports Foundation to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the Federation of Indian Fantasy Sports, the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.
For more information: https://dreamsports.group/
FanCode is India’s premier digital sports destination committed to giving all fans a highly personalized experience across Content, Community, and Commerce.
Founded by sports industry veterans Yannick Colaco and Prasana Krishnan in March 2019, FanCode offers interactive live streaming, sports fan merchandise (FanCode Shop), fast interactive live match scores, in-depth live commentary, fantasy sports data and statistics (Fantasy Research Hub), expert fantasy tips, sports news and much more.
FanCode has partnered with both domestic and international sports leagues and associations across multiple sports such as three of the top American Leagues - MLB, NFL, and NBA, FIVB, West Indies Cricket Board, Bangladesh Premier League, Caribbean Premier League, Bundesliga, and I-League.
Dream Sports India’s leading Sports Technology company is the parent company of FanCode with brands such as Dream11 also in its portfolio.
FanCode has already amassed over 2 crore+ app installs and won the “Best Sports Startup” award at FICCI India Sports Awards 2019.
FanCode Shop: www.shop.fancode.com