Lead UI/UX Designer
DreamGameStudios – Design /
About Dream Game Studios:
Dream Game Studios is a game developer and publisher building console-quality realistic mobile games of international standards from India. The company is a division of Dream Sports, which has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work’ Institute for four consecutive years, with brands such as Dream11, FanCode, DreamX, DreamSetGo, DreamPay, and Dream Capital in its portfolio.
Founded by India's gaming industry veterans credited with multiple international award-winning games, Dream Game Studios' mission is to reach the hearts of the players through deeply engaging, visually stunning, and technically outstanding games.
Working at Dream Game Studios means an opportunity to work on some of the biggest mobile games to come out of India, alongside some of the brightest, most driven, and most gifted minds in the industry.
- Ensure the overall quality, both visually and ergonomic, of the game menus, HUD elements, in-world graphic design, logos, iconography systems, motion graphics, and more.
- Supervise the creation of the menus, interface art, and style guides. Keep them up to date and ensure their applications.
- Provide or supervise the development of visual and interaction design concepts with static and motion mock-ups, interactive prototypes, wireframes, UI architecture flows, and a variety of other design artifacts.
- Roll up your sleeves from time to time to create front-end UI, in-game HUDs, presentation flows, and more.
- Anticipate and define the language localization constraint
- Collaborate with the game design team to define the ergonomic and interaction rules and controls, and make sure they are used coherently throughout all the systems
- Work with the engineering team to make sure solutions are feasible and planned, and adjust accordingly
- Collaborate with the UX research team to identify player motivations, and pain points, and develop strategies to improve the experience for players.
- Work closely with producers, development directors, and other stakeholders to estimate and schedule work, and ensure menus and interfaces are integrated within the game.
- Manage, evaluate, mentor, and otherwise empower your team members to do their best work.
- 7+ years of experience in UI/UX design and a stellar portfolio that includes experience on top-tier technology platforms, apps, or games.
- Relevant experiences in UI art direction, wireframes, flow diagrams, ergonomics, style guide creation, or any UI design-related document
- Ability to communicate a vision and provide constructive feedback in a clear and focused manner to inspire and lead.
- Ability to work well with others and have experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, various UX design tools and prototyping software, G-Suite, MS Office, and more.
Good to Have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine and mobile/AAA game titles.
- Passion and insight into the latest UI and game design trends across the game industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of the relationship between the disciplines necessary to deliver quality UI features.
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative.
Dream Sports is India’s leading sports technology company with 140 million users, housing brands such as Dream11, the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, FanCode, a premier sports content & commerce platform, Dream Capital, a CVC and M&A arm, DreamSetGo, a sports experiences platform, DreamPay, a payment solutions provider, and Dream Game Studios, a game development studio.
Dream Sports is based in Mumbai and has a workforce of close to 1,000 ‘Sportans’. Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports’ mission is to ‘Make Sports Better’ for fans through the confluence of sports and technology. Since 2018, Dream Sports has been consistently featured as the only sports tech company in the ‘Great Places to Work’ survey.
For more information: https://dreamsports.group/